Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Life

It is one of the world's most beautiful things. Whether it is new babies being born, new plants growing, or new ideas growing into a final product down the road, life is beautiful.

Most people when they are young children have some fantasy or dream about their future or how they'd like their life to look down the road. It may not be lush or extravagant, but I think we all do this.

When our dreams or fantasies don't go EXACTLY as we hoped it is easy to become disappointed, discouraged, angry, saddened, and regretful. Sometimes this can become a trap...

We may start to think about the past and wonder "What if...", "Why didn't I...", " Maybe if I...." my life would be better.

What we overlook by thinking this way are the events, memories, and even those positive moments in our life that shaped who we are today. Even in the most horrible moments of your life you learn something and take away something from it.

For myself, I could choose to look back 3 years ago and shoot myself for going into education. (a career market that is over-saturated, overworked and under appreciated). I could say, man that was stupid, I have a teaching degree and I'm working as a teaching assistant making half the pay.
Instead I choose to appreciate where I am, what I am learning, how I influence others, and the amazing team I work with

So instead of grumbling about the past or being disappointed about your current state, I would like to encourage you to reflect on the good things in your life; The people, moments,events and choices you have made that have shaped you into who you are today.

No comments:

Post a Comment